Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
BUSINESS AND SOCIETY
ORG20002 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
MGT10001 Introduction to Management
Aims and Objectives
This unit challenges students to identify and evaluate major socio-economic issues, the role of various stakeholders, and the potential for business solutions that can drive sustainable development and innovation. A major focus is on gaining a critical appreciation of stakeholder theory, and understanding how this theory frames integrative thinking, across disciplines. It will also cover two important areas that stakeholder theory has helped to shape and define: business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Research and demonstrate an awareness of important issues and trends highlighting the business-society interface.
2. Explore the nature of business and economic processes using social analysis and considering the stakeholder perspectives and priorities.
3. Work individually and collaboratively to produce well-reasoned and evidenced arguments that address major societal issues from the perspective of diverse stakeholder interests.
4. Explore and critique contemporary, cross-cultural and cross-functional initiatives.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
• Ability to work independently