Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND OPPORTUNITY
ENT10001 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
Aims and Objectives
This unit will introduce students to entrepreneurship and develop an entrepreneurial mindset and explore opportunities. The unit examines the entrepreneurial process and the contexts in which it can be applied, including startups, corporations (intrapreneurship) and the social sector. Key objectives are to introduce students to entrepreneurship by putting their knowledge into practice, through activities and assessments that require them to think like an entrepreneur.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Understand and explain various forms of entrepreneurship and their application in Australian and global contexts.
2. Identify characteristics of ideas and opportunities and analyse strengths and weaknesses in the process of transforming an idea into an opportunity.
3. Explore characteristics, mindset and skills of entrepreneurs and reflect on how this can be applied in their own situation.
4. Work collaboratively to explore and interpret challenges of entrepreneurial ventures.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently