Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR DECISION MAKING
ACC1007 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this unit is to provide a framework to learn accounting concepts. Students will learn how accounting concepts can be applied in business and provide useful information for evaluating and decision-making. Whatever aspect of business students intend to specialise in, they will need to be familiar with the concepts and principles underlying the practice of accounting. Such knowledge will enable students to understand the importance of financial information in decision-making and thereby provide them with the necessary financial literacy for their future roles in the world of business.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Discuss and evaluate the role that financial information plays in practice within an environment of business decision making.
2. Apply accounting tools to prepare financial reports for both external and internal business use.
3. Research and evaluate financial information in order to solve problems and to aid business decision making.
4. Organise and communicate financial information, supported by well-reasoned arguments as appropriate.
5. Work both independently and as a member of a diverse team.
General Skills Outcome
– Problem solving skills
– Teamwork skills
– Communication skills
– People skills
– Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
– Ability to work independently