Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS STRATEGY
INB30020 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
162.5 Credit Points
And successful completion of the following units:
INB20007 Global Business Cultures
INB20008 Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management
INB20009 Managing the Global Marketplace
Aims and Objectives
This unit aims to equip students with a comprehensive framework to formulate business strategies in the global marketplace. Furthermore, it is designed to teach students how to evaluate effectiveness of international business strategies. The unit emphasises the strategic challenges confronting both large multinational enterprises and small entrepreneurial start-ups, and companies from emerging and developed economies, within the global economy. Thus, it develops directly on prior studies in international business and focuses on corporate and business level strategies, rather than functional strategies. The unit covers competitive strategies and competitive advantage, global strategic alliances, process of internationalization, global entrepreneurship, and knowledge management.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of global corporate strategies within industrial, regional, national and international settings.
2. Evaluate different modes of global market entry.
3. Analyse the underlying conditions of the international economy and their influence on global competitive behaviour.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of how to conduct research and communicate independently and in diverse teams.
5. Analyse the value of global strategic intent and mission in responding to international business opportunities.
General Skills Outcome
– Teamwork skills
– Problem solving skills
– Analysis skills
– Communication skills
– Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
– Ability to work independently