Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING
ACC20014 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
ACC10007 Financial Information for Decision Making
Aims and Objectives
This unit is designed to introduce students to the planning, controlling and decision making functions found in organizations. The unit introduces students to the relevant management accounting concepts, literature and information necessary for effective decision making and problem solving.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe and explain the major practical and theoretical issues impacting management’s use of management accounting.
2. Work collaboratively and critically appraise the information required for effective and efficient planning, control and decision making.
3. Apply management accounting principles in order to analyse and solve practical problems.
4. Reflect on and analyse behavioral influences on decision-making processes and outcomes in various organisational contexts.
General Skills Outcome
– Teamwork skills,
– Analysis skills,
– Problem solving skills,
– Communications skills,
– Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
– Ability to work independently