Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT FOR MOBILE DEVICES
COS30017 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 48 hours
COS20007 Object-Oriented Programming
Aims and Objectives
The aim of unit is for students to understand, select, design, implement and utilise game engine components, and the associated use of data structures and software patterns.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Design: Discuss game engine components including architectures of components, selection of components for a particular game specification, the role and purpose of specific game engine components, and the relationship of components with underlying technologies.
2. Implementation: Create games that utilise and demonstrate game engine component functionality, including the implementation of components that encapsulate specific low-level APIs.
3. Maintenance: Explain and illustrate the role of data structures and patterns in game programming, and rationalise the selection of these for the development of a specified game scenario.
4. Performance: Identify performance bottlenecks by using profiling techniques and tools, and applying optimisation strategies to improve performance.
General Skills Outcome
• Problem Solving Skills
• Communication Skills
• Ability to work independently