Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
STRATEGIC PLANNING IN DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS
MGT30005 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
187.5 credit points
ORG20003 Organisational Behaviour
ACC20014 Management Decision Making
Aims and Objectives
This unit focuses on deepening students’ knowledge and skills in strategic management by providing a practical and critical approach to formulating and implementing corporate, business and functional strategies. It is multidisciplinary, focusing on decision making in both the domestic and global environments. Through application of theoretical frameworks to practical cases, students will learn how strategic approaches can be aligned and integrated with major business targets. This unit will prepare students to respond to a challenging socio-economic environment, take advantage of emerging opportunities, and to put in place processes, people and systems to develop an effective and sustainable organisational strategy.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Comprehend and critique theories of strategy in a fast changing business environment.
2. Research, identify and utilise relevant strategic management concepts, frameworks, tools and techniques to develop, evaluate and communicate organisational strategies and evaluate their effectiveness.
3. Analyse an organisation’s internal and external environment to understand the nature of competitive advantage at both business unit and corporate levels.
4. Develop a business case for a new initiative that displays clear alignment with organisational strategies.
5. Demonstrate a capability to conduct research in diverse teams concerning planning in complex and turbulent environments.
General Skills Outcome
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Teamwork skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems and
• Ability to work independently