Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
SUSTAINABLE ORGANISATIONAL DESIGN
ORG30003 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
125 Credit Points
ORG20003 Organisational Behaviour
ORG20002 Business and Society
Aims and Objectives
The unit explores the nature of organisations and their interactions and co-evolution with complex contemporary environments. Representative themes include the exploration of the structural dimensions of organisations; how organisational design accommodates a stakeholder approach; and the need for organisational design to respond to emergent local and global agendas. The implications of emergent organisational design for culture, ethical values, learning, performance, collaboration, decision making and leadership will also be considered.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Consolidate and extend disciplinary knowledge relating to organisational theory and design.
2. Undertake and evaluate research on the responsiveness of organisational design to dynamic shifting stakeholder agendas.
3. Critique and apply techniques for increasing stakeholder engagement in product and service design and delivery.
4. Evaluate the implications of collaborative decision making approaches for organisational design, culture, innovation and effectiveness.
5. Develop and demonstrate capabilities for social capital building by engaging collaboratively in group work in virtual and/or face-to-face environments.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently