Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
USER CENTRED DESIGN
COS20001 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 48 hours
Aims and Objectives
This unit of study aims to introduce students to the concept of usability and the process of User-Centred Design as a method of achieving good usability outcomes in software development.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply an evidence-based approach to software requirements elicitation and specification.
2. Demonstrate an explicit understanding of software context of use (i.e., users, tasks and system environment) using a variety of models.
3. Design and build a prototype user interface according to software requirements and usability design principles.
4. Apply a variety of usability evaluation methods to evaluate and iterate user interface design solutions.
5. Describe and apply guidelines for professional practice in the ethical treatment of human research participants.
6. Implement and reflect on strategies for working in small groups.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Communication skills