Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING
MKT10007 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
Aims and Objectives
This unit gives students an understanding of key marketing concepts and their application to modern business. This understanding of marketing will also aid in the understanding of other disciplines in the Bachelor of Business as well as providing a strong philosophical foundation for the vocational study of marketing. In addition, students will have started the journey towards graduation and, as such, this unit of study aims to provide students with the opportunity to develop graduate attributes. The unit provides students with a series of learning opportunities designed to explore basic business and Marketing concepts from a variety of viewpoints including theoretical and applied perspectives.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a broad understanding of the major conceptual and theoretical principles upon which the practice of marketing is based.
2. Demonstrate a general understanding of marketing management tasks and of how marketing fits into the organisational environment and interacts with diverse environments.
3. Use research information and apply marketing concepts and principles to propose ethical, creative solutions to a range of marketing related problems that arise in business contexts.
4. Work effectively as an individual or a team member to communicate well orally or in writing.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently