Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
COS30020 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 48 hours
COS10005 Web Development
And COS10009 Introduction to Programming
Aims and Objectives
This unit is designed to introduce a variety of technologies and techniques typically used in development of contemporary web-based systems, and to enable students to achieve a level of fluency in using these in a thoughtful and considered manner. Two web programming techniques will be introduced. The first is to use web-based embedded scripting language (PHP) on a web server (Apache) and a server-side database (MySQL), and the second is to use Ajax to manage asynchronous client-server communication and XML/JSON as data exchange languages.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe, identify and debug issues related to the development of web applications.
2. Design and develop interactive web applications using embedded server-side scripting language PHP.
3. Use MySQL for data management and manipulate MySQL with PHP.
5. Apply design patterns for developing web applications
General Skills Outcome
• Analysis Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently