Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
ADV20002 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
1 Semester 36 hours
Principles of Advertising (ADV10001)
Aims and Objectives
This unit introduces students to the fundamental skills required of advertising copywriters, in the context of the operations of an advertising creative department. It builds confidence in all writing and creative thinking skills.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Adapt and apply basic writing skills to a variety of media
2. Develop concept skills and the ability to develop a diverse range of ideas
3. Critically analyse advertising concepts and writing examples
4. Apply appropriate communication and persuasion theories to advertising copywriting
5. Systematically and effectively plan advertising copy
6. Apply appropriate research methods, legal and ethical considerations to concepts and copywriting
7. Develop ideas for new media: social media, mobiles, online gaming, applications, crowd sourcing and internet.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork Skills
• Analysis Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Communication Skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently