Tuition Fee Regulations
At Swinburne Vietnam, the total tuition fee for the entire course is 22,000 USD (equivalent to 513,260 million VND). To foster a spirit of educational advancement, Swinburne Vietnam offers special scholarships during the initial 5 years, significantly reducing tuition fees for candidates and their families, enabling access to an international program in Vietnam.
Should students aim to transfer to study at Swinburne University of Technology (Australia) after joining Swinburne Vietnam, they will be required to pay the tuition fee applicable in Australia.
Note: Tuition fees may be subject to yearly changes due to economic fluctuations, capped at a maximum increase of 10%. Any modifications to tuition fees will be promptly announced and updated.
Aspiring students seeking admission are required to pay a non-refundable admission fee of 4,600,000 VND (four million six hundred thousand VND).
- Global Citizen Program: 14,000,000 VND/degree (Fourteen million VND) for up to 6 degrees within 1 year.
- Major Programs: Tuition fees are calculated based on the number of subjects (units). Scholarships are offered based on candidate’s ability and entrance exam results.
- Payment is made on a semester-by-semester basis or as per the prescribed fee payment schedule upon admission. Additional fees are applicable for subjects taken beyond the registered program each semester.
- Students reattempting subjects pay a fee per major subject, not exempted from any percentage discount on scholarships: 15,910,000 VND/unit.
- Global Citizenship Level: 14,000,000 VND/level.
- Vovinam Martial Arts Level: 2,330,000 VND/level.
- Note: Students unable to participate in Vovinam due to movement-related health issues will undertake Chess. The re-study fee for Chess matches that of Vovinam (2,330,000 VND/level).
Payment Deadlines and Re-study Fee Regulations
Tuition and re-study fees must be settled no later than 5 days before the new semester commences. Failure to do so will result in non-admission, unless late fee application procedures are duly completed and accepted by the school; 10 days before the new semester begins.
Overdue fees without legitimate reasons might impact scholarship reconsideration.
Tuition Fee Refund Policy upon Admission
For major study programs:
- Dropping out before the course or semester start date: 80% refund of the actual tuition fee (minus any applicable copyright fees).
- Withdrawal within 2 weeks from the semester’s start: 50% refund of the tuition fee.
- No refund for students discontinuing studies (including subject withdrawals) after 2 weeks from the semester’s start.
- Students requesting temporary deferment approval before the semester starts can reserve the deferred tuition fee. Deferral requests 2 weeks after the semester’s start will not be accepted or refunded. The remaining tuition fee (if any) will be allocated for the next semester’s fees.
Student Card Replacement Fee
Students will incur a fee for replacing their student ID card. Upon admission, the first student card is issued for free. The student card replacement fee is 100,000 VND per card.
Penalty for Late Return of Borrowed Books
Late book returns result in a fee calculated from the first due date to the return date, including holidays. A delay exceeding 30 days incurs a fine equivalent to the book price in addition to the late fee. Lost or damaged books require compensation equivalent to the original value, along with a fee (if applicable). The maximum late return penalty equals the book’s value.
Tuition Fee Exchange or Transfer within Swinburne’s System
Students opting for exchange or transfer to other Swinburne campuses will pay tuition fees according to the rates of the respective facility.