Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
ADV30001 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
1 Semester 36 hours
50 Credit Points at Level 2 and Principles of Advertising (ADV10001)
Aims and Objectives
This unit provides students with an introduction to the process of evaluating media options and purchasing or placing strategic communications in media outlets. This includes selection of media vehicles, scheduling media weighting, negotiating and buying, positioning and measuring the media buys impact on the targeted audience. The emphasis is primarily on paid-for-advertising media, though other areas of online and offline opportunities will be covered. The unit provides the foundation in the study and application of media planning in advertising, marketing and public relations.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate mass media and its contribution to successful advertising.
2. Evaluate specific media – including print, broadcast, outdoor, digital, interactive and social – in terms of meeting specific advertising objectives.
3. Analyse and apply media planning and buying strategies; and the information sources available to assist media decision making.
4. Articulate audience measurement terms and statistics used to support media recommendations and post campaign analysis.
5. Establish and apply key planning criteria when recommending and evaluating media campaigns.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork Skills
• Analysis Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Communication Skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently