Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
BUS30009 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
BUS30024 Advanced Innovative Business Practice
Aims and Objectives
The unit provides an opportunity for students to apply academic knowledge and engage in an industry consulting project. Multidisciplinary teams will work on a live problem solving project from profit or not-for-profit enterprises. Teams will work under the guidance of a coach with project specific inputs from the project briefs. In the final week, teams will deliver their findings and recommendations through an oral presentation and a written report. The unit develops and enhances employability skills for students.
Student who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply business principles, overviews, discipline issues and knowledge to a real-world context and develop the intellectual independence to be reflective learners.
2. Undertake and evaluate research from a variety of sources in order to make judgements to solve a range of problems that arise in business contexts.
3. Communicate a range of business arguments appropriate to the audience, through a variety of communication media.
4. Work collaboratively in diverse groups and generate creative solutions that are fit for purpose and be cognisant of the impact of business decisions.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
• Ability to work independently