Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
BUS30024 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
175 Credit Points in any UG Business Single Degree or Bachelor of Accounting (a 3-year degree)
OR 300 Credit Points in any UG Business Double Degree (a 4-year degree)
OR 400 Credit Points BB-LAWBUS Degree or related (a 5-year degree)
Aims and Objectives
This unit aims for students to use a range of models and frameworks to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing today’s business. Through this holistic application, students will analyse and evaluate business problems in order to offer practical, innovative and creative solutions which display awareness of the impact of such decisions on the organisation’s triple bottom line, that is, people, planet and profit. Advanced Innovative Business Practice is the first of the two mandatory capstone units of the Bachelor of Business.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Undertake and evaluate research, integrating business and innovation frameworks to solve business problems in local and global contexts in a holistic manner.
2. Demonstrate analytical, critical, ethical, sustainable and creative thinking and problem solving.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing in an appropriate business manner.
4. Work collaboratively in diverse teams demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
5. Self-evaluate through reflection and interaction with others and evaluate the performance of group members.
General Skills Outcome
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Teamwork skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively