187.5 Credit Points from a Single Bachelor Degree or 275 Credit Points from a Double Bachelor Degree
Information Technology Project Management (INF30029)
This unit is a capstone industry project unit that provides students with professionally focused learning experiences during their final year of study. Students work in a team, supervised by an academic supervisor, to engage with the client(s) to identify, evaluate the business needs and requirements and then to propose and/or develop solutions. It is aimed at consolidating and integrating student learning with real world practice and applying principles and concepts pertaining to Business Information Systems/Information Technology. Students will use and develop their analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, technical and project management skills.
Students who successfully complete this unit, will be able to:
1. Analyse a real world problem in an organisational setting and recommend or develop solutions which are practical and effective utilising appropriate tools, techniques and methods.
2. Develop constructive arguments to justify proposed advice, recommendations or solutions.
3. Apply project management methods to appraise, plan, design, manage and execute a small-scale project.
4. Demonstrate intellectual independence as a critical and reflective learner.
5. Demonstrate professional behaviours through effective leadership, teamwork and communication skills with all project stakeholders.