Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
JOU10007 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
Aims and Objectives
Media Content Creation introduces students to digital non-fiction story development skills for professional media purposes and social media dissemination across a range of platforms. This unit will demonstrate how to create and edit non-fiction stories for media-related industries through the capturing of audio, video and photographic material. Students will establish and develop an online portfolio and learn how to establish a related professional social media identity in order to promote their work.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply key audio and video concepts essential to media content creation;
2. Demonstrate the role of sound and vision in telling non-fiction stories through various media and communications platforms;
3. Utilize both mobile device and industry standard software and equipment to create non-fiction media content
4. Implement audio, video and photographic output for publication
5. Create an online portfolio and professional social media identity to highlight and promote creative output.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
• Ability to work independently