Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
LAW20019 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
100 Credit Points that must be completed before undertaking this unit.
Aims and Objectives
This unit enables students to gain an understanding of the law applicable to contracts and companies that are employed in the modern business environment. In particular, the primary focus is on the contracting activities and its repercussions relating to businesses and entrepreneurial activities. The operations of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) which regulate the activities of companies, company officers and shareholders also take significance in this unit.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Analyse and apply a range of legal concepts relating to corporate (including an understanding of the business structures of trusts and joint ventures) and contract law, drawing both from common law and statute law
2. Generate a range of solutions from case law drawing on analysis and interpretation of the Corporations Act 2001, the common law and other related state and commonwealth legislations
3. Apply critical thinking and analytical skills when applying legal concepts and principles in the conduct of businesses and entrepreneurial activities
4. Construct coherent and logical legal arguments and communicate them effectively.
General Skills Outcome
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently