Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
MDA10008 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
Aims and Objectives
Global Media Industries will explore worldwide trends in a range of media industries, and provide you with the skills and knowledge to work internationally in fields such as design, marketing, media regulation, content creation and management, telecommunications and journalism. You will refine your skills in intercultural communication in media-specific contexts, and gain an understanding of how globalization has impacted on the media industries. Case studies will provide you with insights into how media organisations balance global operations with local market conditions, as well as the impact media is having on global issues
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Evaluate and enhance their media, information and cultural literacies.
2. Analyse global trends and local contexts in various media industries.
3. Conceptualize global media industries by defining key terms, explaining key theories, and using examples of industry cases.
4. Effectively communicate in contexts of cultural diversity.
General Skills Outcome
– Analysis skills
– Communication skills
– Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
– Ability to work independently