Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
MDA20011 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
1 Semester 36 hours
50 credit points
Aims and Objectives
This unit explores the nexus between sports, advertising and media. Students will gain an understanding of how sport and advertising function, how they operate in the broader context of television and social media, and the ways in which they impact on ideas of race, nation, audience and merchandising. Students will investigate how social media enables fan engagement with sporting organisations, sports stars and each other, and the implications of this engagement for advertising and sponsorship. The unit will also equip students with the tools necessary to analyse and create a social media sports campaign.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Identify how sport, advertising and media are central to an understanding of ourselves and the society of which we are a part;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the connections between professional sports organisations, social media and fan engagement;
3. Critically analyse various social media platforms and campaigns utilized by sports organisations, teams and individual sports stars;
4. Construct a social media sports campaign.
General Skills Outcome
• Analysis Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Communication Skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently