Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
SWE30010 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 48 hours
150 Credit Points and
Introduction to Programming (COS10009)
Information Technology Project Management (INF30029)
Aims and Objectives
This unit aims to develop an understanding of possible approaches to planning and managing information technology projects. With a focus on adhering to an agreed timeframe and budget, students learn how IT projects are managed successfully and acquaint themselves with the appropriate methods, tools, techniques, and processes to achieve this goal. Students learn to identify risk factors and means to address risks to the completion of IT projects on time and within budget. Students also familiarise themselves with change management, the roles and responsibilities of project managers and the recruitment of project teams.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an appreciation of the significance of systematic approaches to project management in achieving successful IT projects, including software development and the pertinent agile approaches.
2. Apply cognitive skills to analyse the risks to the completion of projects on time and within budget and identify appropriate management strategies for specific risks
3. Discuss human factors in IT projects, team building and management
4. Discuss project management tool options and use select tools effectively for project management
5. Communicate effectively as a professional and function as an effective leader or member of a diverse team
General Skills Outcome
– Teamwork skills
– Problem solving skills
– Analysis skills
– Communication skills
– Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems