[INDUSTRY LINK] Globalization and Mediazation from Australian Perspective
- Prof. Mark Finn, Academic Director (International Partnerships), the School of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, Swinburne University
- Topic: Globalisation and Mediatisation from Australian perspectives
- Time: Wednesday 26 May, 2021, 1-3pm
- Audience: students of MDA10008 – Global Media Industries
- Platform: Conference on Canvas
Prof. Mark Finn has published widely on various aspects of new media, including the historical development electronic commerce and the social implications of mobile computing technologies. For the past five years he has been specializing in the social and cultural dimensions of video games, with his most cited work examining the debate over game censorship. His current work focuses on the concept of medialization and its implications for a wide range of activities, including sport, politics, and education.