Transfer to Melbourne for current students
How to apply to transfer to Melbourne
I. APPLICATION TIMELINE
- Semester 1 (starting in February): Deadline before November (the year before starting to transfer)
- Semester 2 (starting in July): Deadline before April (the same year with the transfer year)
* Late applications might be rejected or might cause a delay in the application assessment and visa process.
II. STEPS TO REGISTER
1. Choose the course that suits your interests and career goals
* Be currently enrolled in a Swinburne Vietnam Bachelor program
* Students must be of good standing within the university. Students can transfer anytime during their degree. Students cannot be “At Risk” or have a Sanction on their student record.
*Students will also need to be Australian immigration requirements to obtain their student visas to enter the country
- Program structure & Fees:
Check information via:
Students are encouraged to have a consultation with the Academic Department regarding your international study plan before applying.
It is recommended that students transfer into the same program in Swinburne Australia in order to maximise the number of credits exempted.
In case your major is International Business, you are highly recommended to choose Business Analysis as your new major in SUT. You can find more information about this major on SUT website.
SUT has 2 semesters per year, starting in February and September. Each semester lasts for 4 months. Students have to enroll in 4 units per semester. For more information, please see the Academic Calendar on the school website.
All international students are automatically assessed for eligibility for the Swinburne International Undergraduate scholarship.
Scholarship criteria is as follows:
- 60-69% average – 15% scholarship
- 70-79% average – 20% scholarship
- 80% and above average – 30% scholarship
*Scholarship received at Swinburne Vietnam is NOT transferable to Australia.
2. Prepare your documents (in soft copies)
Submit transfer application
- To avoid delays in admissions processing, please submit a complete set of required documents.
- Fill in the Application form and your application package.
- A certified copy of Vietnamese National ID
- A certified copy of the passport photo page (Your passport must be valid at least six months after the completion of your program at Swinburne Melbourne).
- A certified copy of Family book
- Evidence of finances
- Evidence of a previous visa or visa refused, cancelled or overstayed ( if applicable).
*Evidence of finances – You must provide either: sufficient funds to cover your travel costs and 12 months of living and tuition fees for you and your accompanying family members and school costs for any school aged dependants, or
evidence that your spouse or parents are willing to support you and they have an annual income of at least AUD 60,000
* Note: Students who have got a visa refused to Australia or other countries or from specific countries/ regions are required to submit a Statement of Purpose form in the application: (For more information about GTE please CLICK HERE
* Prepare scans of your documents and send to StudentHQ email
3. Apply online via the Studylink Portal
The Student HQ will submit an online application to Swinburne Melbourne via the Studylink Portal on your behalf.
4. Accept the Offer letter and pay the fees for Swinburne Melbourne
- StudentHQ will inform you of your application outcome
- Complete your acceptance form and send to studentHQ
- Pay the total deposit that is indicated on your offer. Students can send the TT receipt (Telegraphic transfer Remittance – Payment confirmation) to StudentHQ so we can help you with accepting the offer on Studylink Portal.
- Acceptance checklist:
- Completed Acceptance form
- Evidence of deposit payment (TT receipt)
- Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover (if you are organising your own. OSHC needs to start 1 month prior to course commencement and end 3 months after course completion as per your offer letter.
5. Receive the confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
After accepting the Offer Letter, an electronic Confirm of Enrolment (COE) is sent from Swinburne Melbourne within 2-3 working days.
6. Apply for a student visa
After your COE is issued, the Transfer office will continue to help you with your visa application.
Besides the above-mentioned fees including OSHC health cover and tuition fee deposits (equal to the 1st semester/s tuition fee at Swinburne Melbourne, you also have to prepare for your student visa application:
- Health-check fee: ~ 2,300,000 VND (~135 AUD)
- Visa fee (to be paid immediately via credit/debit card when submitting the online visa application form): ~ 650+ AUD (you also bear the currency conversion costs and international transfer surcharges)
- Biometrics fee at VFS: ~ 500,000 VND (~30 AUD)
You can refer to following links:
III. Pre-departure and enrolment at Swinburne Melbourne
Attend Pre-departure sessions: this usually occurs 1-2 months before your program at Swinburne Melbourne starts
Enrolment at Swinburne Melbourne:
- If your offer is unconditional, you can start enrolling courses after you receive your eCoE and cancel your enrolment in Vietnam. You shall receive a notification via email from Swinburne Melbourne when you are able to enrol
- You must cancel your enrolment in Vietnam to be able to enrol Melbourne courses and you shall receive a notification via email from Swinburne Melbourne when you are able to enrol
- Some reference resources:
At Swinburne we offer many services to help you achieve your academic goals and to enhance your life as a student.