INB30013 – International Finance and Law
INB30013 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
150 credit points
Financial Information for Decision Making (ACC10007)
Asian Regionalism and Global Business (INB20012)
Aims and Objectives
In a global marketplace, understanding the impacts of foreign trade instruments, such as exchange rate policies and movements, and international legal issues on business enterprise is crucial. The aims of this unit are thus, twofold: the first part aim to equip students with the necessary skills required to understand, apply, interpret and evaluate key international trade and finance concepts, which have significant implications for businesses operating in a global economy. The second part aims to enable students to gain an understanding of international commercial laws which affect and underpin the legal operations of global business.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Utilise theoretical and analytical skills necessary to identify, understand, interpret and apply key international trade and finance principles in a global business environment.
2. Apply the concepts of international trade and finance to facilitate successful global business operations.
3. Demonstrate sound knowledge of international commercial laws (including bilateral, multilateral and other relevant international laws), which impact on international business.
4. Appraise and assess relevant extra territorial legal principles in conduct of international business.
5. Work collaboratively as a member of leader of a diverse group.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently