Brochure about study at Swinburne…
Are you interested in more information about Swinburne Vietnam? Coming soon in this September!
OPERATING SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
ECO10004 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
Aims and Objectives
Acquire an understanding of operating systems as drivers of computer hardware and platforms for computer software. Acquire the ability to plan and implement operating system configurations for different types of users.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe the components of computing devices and their respective roles in data processing.
2. Recognise different brands and types of operating systems and their typical usage areas. Ability to install operating systems and software using the command line when required.
3. Identify groups of users and their software needs, plan and implement operating system and software configurations as standard operating environments for a user group considering basic IT security.
4. Use ‘ghosting’ software to store operating system configurations as images and install them to multiple user PCs.
5. Recognise and resolve user problems with standard operating environments.
General Skills Outcome
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
• Ability to work independently