IT Security (An ninh thông tin)
COS30015 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 48 hours
COS10009 Introduction to Programming
COS10005 Web Development
TNE10005 Network Administration
Aims and Objectives
Students who complete this unit of study will understand the nature of security threats to IT systems. Student will be familiar with the tools used by hackers and crackers and be aware of ways of identifying and rectifying security breaches and will understand how to assess the vulnerability of computing systems.
After successfully completing this unit, you will be able to:
1. Evaluate security of client and server computers.
2. Plan security audits.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of social engineering and physical security.
4. Use a variety of security related tools.
5. Identify attacks and mitigate attacks.
6. Evaluate authentication and encryption systems.
7. Research issues in IT Security.
General Skills Outcome
• Analysis skills,
• Problem solving skills,
• Communication skills,
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems