COS10003 – Computer and Logic Essentials
COS10003 | Credit Points: 12.5 | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester or equivalent 48 hours
Aims and Objectives
This unit is designed to introduce students to fundamental mathematical concepts required in computer science and software development disciplines.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Solve problems related to computer science by using discrete mathematical concepts such as sets, relations, functions, logic, and combinatorics.
2. Demonstrate how data can be represented in digital form.
3. Apply the principles of Boolean algebra to simple circuits.
4. Explain the role of probability and statistics in computer science and software development.
5. Describe how discrete structures such as graphs are used in computer science.
6. Construct algorithms to solve problems and understand the principles of complexity.
General Skills Outcome
- Analysis Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
- Ability to work independently