COS10009 – Introduction to Programming
COS10009 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 54 hours
Aims and Objectives
This unit of study aims to introduce students to structured programming and design.
After successfully completing this unit, you should be able to:
1. Apply code reading and debugging techniques to analyse, interpret, and describe the purpose of program code, and locate within this code errors in syntax, logic, style and/or good practice.
2. Describe the principles of structured programming, and relate these to the syntactical elements of the programming language used and the way programs are developed.
3. Construct small programs, using the programming languages covered, that include the use of arrays, functions and procedures, parameter passing with call by value and call by reference, custom data types, and pointers.
4. Use modular and functional decomposition to break problems down functionally, represent the resulting structures diagrammatically, and implement these structures in code as functions and procedures.
General Skills Outcome
1. Communication skills
2. Problem solving skills
3. Ability to work independently