COS10022 – Introduction to Data Science
COS10022 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 48 hours
Aims and Objectives
This unit aims at introducing students to the key concepts and techniques in data science and Big Data analytics. Students will be introduced to different stages in data analytics and given the opportunity to plan and design data science projects that address business and organisational needs.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Appreciate the roles of data science and Big Data analytics in organisational contexts.
2. Compare and analyse he key concepts, techniques and tools for discovering, analysing, visualising and presenting data.
3. Describe the processes within the Data Analytics Lifecycle.
4. Analyse organisational problems and formulate them into data science tasks.
5. Evaluate suitable techniques and tools for specific data science tasks.
6. Develop and execute an analytics plan for a given case study.
General Skills Outcome
• Analysis skills,
• Problem solving skills,
• Teamwork skills,
• Communication skills,
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
• Ability to work independently