ICT30001 – Information Technology Project
ICT30001 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 48 hours
187.5 credit points
Concurrent Prerequisites. A unit can be either completed prior to commencing study or taken at the same time.
INF30029 Information Technology Project Management
SWE30010 Managing IT Projects
SWE20003 Software Project Practices and Management
Anti-requisites. A unit similar in content or content overlaps with another unit.
SWE30008 Software Team Project
Aims and Objectives
This unit is designed as a capstone industry project unit that provides students with professionally focused learning experiences during their final year of study. The unit aims at consolidating and integrating student learning with real world practice and facilitating a successful transition from academic learning environment to work environment. In conjunction with the development of analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, technical, and project management skills, the unit also has a strong emphasis on the development of professional and generic skills such as communication skill, teamwork skill, ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and ability to work independently.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Analyse a real world problem in an organisational setting and recommend or develop solutions which are practical and effective utilising appropriate tools, techniques and methods.
2. Develop critical and constructive arguments to justify proposed advice, recommendations or solutions.
3. Apply project management methods to appraise, plan, design, manage and execute a small-scale project
4. Demonstrate intellectual independence as a critical and reflective learner.
5. Demonstrate professional behaviours through effective leadership, teamwork and communication skills with all project stakeholders
General Skills Outcome
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems, and
• Ability to work independently