INF30030 – Business Analytics
INF30030 | Credit Points: 12.5 | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
150 Credit Points from a Bachelor Degree
Introduction to Business Information Systems (INF10003)
Aims and Objectives
Students will develop and enhance their conceptual and practical understanding in data analytics in a business context. Students will have an opportunity to immerse themselves in problem-solving activities requiring lateral and critical thinking by exploring structured and unstructured data, considering and applying the appropriate analytic techniques using a software programming environment for statistical computing (such as R) and visualisation tools and approaching organisational problems through data-driven decision-making processes.
Students who successfully complete this unit, will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the roles of business analytics in various organisational contexts.
2. Synthesise and develop appropriate business solution scenarios using appropriate analytics and visualisation techniques.
3. Analyse business problems and define the data requirements and business rules associated with the data-driven problem-solving approaches.
4. Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving through statistical computing and visualization.
5. Communicate effectively as a professional and function as an effective leader or member of a diverse team.
General Skills Outcome
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently, and
• Ability to work in a group environment