MDA10006 – Innovation Cultures: Perspectives on Science and Technology
MDA10006 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
1 Semester or equivalent 36 hours
Aims and Objectives
This unit examines the relationship between science, technology and culture with a particular emphasis on communications and screen-based technology. It draws on key theoretical paradigms such as disruptive innovation, Actor Network Theory, and participatory media.
After successfully completing this unit, you will be able to:
1. Examine and identify the role of today’s media and media industries from a socio-historical perspective.
2. Construct and justify logical arguments about the relationship between science, technology and culture.
3. Critique received views through the application of key theoretical concepts.
4. Apply the critical distance and historical perspective necessary to anticipate future shifts in Science, Technology and Culture.
General Skills Outcome
• Analysis skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
• Ability to work independently