MDA30017 – Media Analytics and Visualisation
MDA30017 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
1 Semester or equivalent 36 hours
50 credit points at level 2
Aims and Objectives
In information-saturated communication environments, data analysis and visualisation techniques are crucial to understand social, cultural and economic patterns of media production and use. This unit focuses on the strategic and business value of media analytics and visualisation. Students will learn about evidence-based decision making, data analytics and visualisation, and tools and techniques required to collect, clean, analyse and visualise qualitative, quantitative and social network data, and will have the opportunity to apply their learning in real world settings.
Students who successfully complete this unit should be able to:
1. Use data analytics and visualization techniques to interpret socio-cultural and economic patterns of social media and digital data use in real-world settings.
2. Critically evaluate the concepts of data analytics and visualization and apply the appropriate tools and techniques to implement data analytics and visualization strategy.
3. Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to resolve complex data and visualization problems
4. Collect, analyse and visualize structured, unstructured and network data.
5. Communicate effectively as a professional and function as an effective leader or member of a diverse team.
General Skills Outcome
- Problem solving skills
- Analysis skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems
- Ability to work independently