PRM30001 – Project Management Essentials
PRM30001 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 36 hours
100 credit points
Aims and Objectives
This unit equips students with the skills and knowledge to meet the challenges of managing projects in a variety of contexts. This unit introduces the specific techniques inherent to project management such as selecting the projects that bring the maximum value, and planning and implementing projects to meet the organizational objectives. The unit builds on the process framework for project management from Initiating to Planning, Implementing, Control and Closing, across content areas. This unit also critically analyses the relevance and suitability of project management approaches to a variety of organizational contexts.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe project management core theories and apply strategic approaches to project selection.
2. Apply project management frameworks to meet the complex needs in a variety of project contexts.
3. Collaboratively develop a formal project plan in a group and explain its purpose and content to a target audience.
4. Effectively evaluate project progress and analyse project closure.
5. Analyse the role of social aspects such as leadership, teamwork and stakeholder management on project success.
General Skills Outcome
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Teamwork skills
• Ability to tackle unfamiliar problems