SCM20003 – Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
SCM20003 | 12.5 Credit Points | Location: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
Duration Contact hours
One Semester 1 Teaching Period
Completion of a minimum 50 Credit Points
Aims and Objectives
Pre 2020 unit code INB20008/BUS20008
This unit aims to provide students with the necessary knowledge, and skills to enable them to analyse the theories of logistics and supply chain management and to apply these theories in solving typical logistics and supply chain issues. This unit focuses on the application of logistics and supply chain thinking in today’s global market. An ancillary aim of this unit is to equip students with appropriate competencies that enable them to innovatively apply supply chain knowledge for the purpose of improving company profits, alleviating human suffering, and sustaining the planet. In this unit students explore various facets of the supply chain process, and consider how effective supply chain management positively impacts organisations, both financially and operationally.
After successfully completing this unit, you will be able to:
1. Articulate and defend supply chain decisions in a given business context.
2. Analyse how supply chain decisions influence the business process in a range of complex situations.
3. Research and make judgements about issues that influence supply chain decisions in given environments.
4. Work collaboratively in diverse teams to solve complex problems.
General Skills Outcome
• Teamwork skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analysis skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively